If I were to make a list of bands with the worst names I have ever heard, I imagine that Dr. Dog would be near the top of that list, just under Arctic Monkeys and The Last Shadow Puppets. Another thing that all three of these bands have in common, though, is that they are all incredible in their own right. I guess it goes back to the old saying "you can't judge a book by its cover". Terrible name, wonderful music and Dr. Dog is most certainly the embodyment of that statement. Imagine if Jeff Tweedy were to play guitar for an old R&B or Motown band, and "countried" it up. Of course I'm doing the band no justice whatsoever. Truth be known, Dr. Dog is a band you have to listen to for yourself. I avoided them for a while because of their name [and because I can be pretentious, at times], but couldn't avoid them for long. They are infectious if ever any band were. Listen to them and inevitably fall in love.
Tracklisting:
1. The Breeze
2. Hang On
3. The Old Days
4. Army of Ancients
5. The Rabbit, The Bat, and The Reindeer
6. The Ark
7. From
8. 100 Years
9. Uncovering The Old
10. The Beach
11. My Friend
Highlight Tracks: "Hang On", "The Old Days", "The Rabbit, The Bat, and The Reindeer"
1 comment:
i listened. i fell in love.
with 2 tracks.
the rest got deleted!
Post a Comment