I like to think that, for the most part, I am pretty well versed in current and up-and-coming bands. Lydia, however, completely came out of left field for me. Having never even heard of them before, I gave a listen when my friend Ricky suggested them to me, and fell instantly in love. Musically, the songs are beautiful and seem to have a life of their own. The vocals are the most amazing part, however. Dual male and female vocals and an amazing use of bgvs dominate each song, giving it an ethereal feel, while the music is driving at times and quiet at others. A beautiful album, in the same vein as Copeland.
Tracklisting:
1. This Is Twice Now
2. A Fine Evening For A Rogue
3. I Woke Up Near The Sea
4. Hospital
5. Fate
6. Sleep Well
7. Stay Awake
8. All I See
9. One More Day
10. ...Ha Yeah It Got Pretty Bad
11. Now The One You Once Loved Is Leaving
Highlight Tracks: "This Is Twice Now" is potentially one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard. The rest of the album is really good too, but if you download it just for that track, you'll be satisfied.
No comments:
Post a Comment