I'm not super familiar with Mount Eerie; I know that it's some members of The Microphones, but I could be wrong. All I know is that "Lost Wisdom" is a great lo-fi album. The way that the songs shift and move is reminiscent of mewithoutYou, but don't expect mewithoutYou should you give this album a listen. Consider Mount Eerie the forerunner to She & Him, featuring dual male/female vocals and incredibly stripped down guitar. Really, it sounds as though Colin Meloy and Zooey Deschanel started a band. I think it's a great album.
Oh yeah, and evidently this particular album doesn't hit the shelves until sometime in October, so enjoy it a little early.
Tracklisting:
1. Lost Wisdom
2. Voice In Headphones
3. You Swan, Go On
4. Who?
5. Flaming Home
6. What?
7. If We Knew...
8. With My Hands Out
9. O My Heart
10. Grave Robbers
Highlight Tracks: "Lost Wisdom", "You Swan, Go On", "O My Heart"
No comments:
Post a Comment