Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bright Eyes - Cassadaga

A few weeks ago, I posted one of the two albums that Bright Eyes released in January of '05. Fast forward to April of '07 and we see the release of "Cassadaga". Somehow, it wasn't until about a week before its release that I even knew of its existence.

Named after the town of Cassadaga, Florida, the album keeps with the spirit of the community of mediums and followers of spiritualism. A beautifully written record, "Cassadaga" shifts more toward an alt-country feel, and is Oberst's most accomplished work to date. There isn't much I can say about this record other than that it is a great album to sit and listen to alone with a cup of coffee. It's also, surprisingly enough, a great driving record, somehow sitting on both ends of the spectrum.

Tracklisting:
1. Clairaudients (Kill Or Be Killed)
2. Four Winds
3. If The Brakeman Turns My Way
4. Hot Knives
5. Make A Plan To Love Me
6. Soul Singer In A Session Band
7. Classic Cars
8. Middleman
9. Cleanse Song
10. No One Would Riot For Less
11. Coat Check Dream Song
12. I Must Belong Somewhere
13. Lime Tree

Highlight Tracks: "Four Winds", "Classic Cars", "No One Would Riot For Less"

No comments: