Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Decemberists - Always The Bridesmaid: A Singles Series

The songs found here are the 6 that will soon be released over 3 vinyls. All I have to say is: FINALLY, something new from The Decemberists. It's been far too long. Rumor has it that they are in the studio tracking a new record due out sometime early next year. Thankfully, though, they saw it fit to release some new gems for us to enjoy until then.

I had planned to wait and post this later, seeing as how I've already posted 5 albums today, but I started listening and had no choice but to offer it up. It's classic Decemberists which means that it's great. Enjoy.

Tracklisting:
1. Valerie Plame
2. Days Of Elaine
3. O New England
4. I'm Sticking With You [Velvet Underground cover]
5. Record Year
6. Raincoat Song

No comments: