Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Postal Service - Give Up

My job is not an easy task. Here I am, trying to not only post good albums that the majority of people who enjoy my blog have not heard as a means of introduction, but also to post albums that I have loved for a great many years, and the latter of the two are more than likely owned by the vast majority of my visitors. I suppose that until I am fulfilling requests, it is left to my discretion.

Thus, we have The Postal Service, the collaborative effort of Death Cab For Cutie's Benjamin Gibbard and Dntel's Jimmy Tamborello. There isn't much that I can say about this album other than that it's incredible and did a great job of foreshadowing the direction that "popular" music would take.

Tracklisting:
1. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
2. Such Great Heights
3. Sleeping In
4. Nothing Better
5. Recycled Air
6. Clark Gable
7. We WIll Become Silhouettes
8. This Place Is A Prison
9. Brand New Colony
10. Natural Anthem

No comments: