Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleep Station - The Pride Of Chester James

Sleep Station is a band that has been around for nearly forever and garnered nearly no attention. Residing somewhere just under the radar, Sleep Station has been releasing concept album after concept album for a good many years now. To be honest, I think it's a tragedy that they haven't received anywhere near the attention that they deserve.

It was a couple of years ago that I first heard Sleep Station and it was the track "Broke Your Trust" from the album Hang In There Charlie that caught my attention. Harboring some of the 90's sound that faded near the turn of the century, Sleep Station sounds similar to bands that your older brother listened to when he was in high school but, somehow, they always manage to sound fresh. It's hard to categorize Sleep Station and maybe that's why they are nearly unknown; no one knows what to do with them. This is a great album and I would be remiss if I didn't post it.

Tracklisting:
1. Hello Mr. Coughlin
2. Under The Lights
3. What You Hide
4. Settle On Your Name
5. Tired Of Me Now
6. Bells
7. Paris
8. Anna
9. Thunder
10. Hell Has Come With Me
11. Fall
12. Distance
13. Always In The Fire
14. Our Carnival

No comments: