Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Breaking with recent trends, I'm only going to be posting 3 albums today, and this is the third.

Spoon is a band that has been around for quite a while. Similar to Wilco and Okkervil River, their career has taken an interesting route, spending years in the underground, releasing brilliant records, and then being thrust into the lime light as of late. Normally, I am hesitant of when a band that has for so long been ignored, is suddenly garnering acclaim. But, once again like Wilco and Okkervil River, Spoon has not compromised their art for the sake of fame. They have clawed their way up and have earned every bit of popularity that they now enjoy. Released in 2007, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga is a wonderful record. Do yourself a favor. Go on...

Tracklisting:
1. Don't Make Me A Target
2. The Ghost Of You Lingers
3. You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
4. Don't You Evah
5. Rhythm & Soul
6. Eddie's Ragga
7. The Underdog
8. My Little Japanese Cigarette Case
9. Finer Feelings
10. Black Like Me

Highlight Tracks: "Don't Make Me A Target", "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb", "The Underdog"

No comments: