Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Okkervil River - The Stand-Ins

I didn't realize until just now that this Okkervil River B-Sides album doesn't actually hit stores until tomorrow, which makes today the day of leaks!

I've actually had this CD for about 2 months now, and I love it. A few years ago, my friend Calvin tried to tell me about these guys, but it wasn't until the release of The Stage Names that I started paying attention to these indie darlings. Believe me when I say that I wish I would have listened sooner.

The songs are catchy and well written, and I'm pretty sure that the track "Lost Coastlines" is quickly climbing the ladder of my all-time favorite songs. Oh, and I'm more or less in love with the artwork. It is most certainly a testament to the creativity found within.

Tracklisting:
1. Stand Ins, One
2. Lost Coastlines
3. Singer Songwriter
4. Starry Stairs
5. Blue Tulip
6. Stands Ins, Two
7. Pop Lie
8. On Tour With Zykos
9. Calling And Not Calling My Ex
10. Stand Ins, Three
11. Bruce Wayne Campbell Interviewed On The Roof Of The Chelsea Hotel, 1979

Highlight Tracks: "Lost Coastlines", "Singer Songwriter", "Blue Tulip"

No comments: