Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

The first time I heard newcomer Bon Iver [aka Justin Vernon], I would have wagered money that it was a side project for Tunde Adebimpe of TV On The Radio. Considered to be lo-fi and folk in nature, "For Emma, Forever Ago" is an incredibly organic album, lush with doubled vocals over simple acoustic guitars. This is simply glorified home demos, and to think of a producer attempting to polish this collection of songs makes me sick. Some albums are meant to be slick and polished; "For Emma" is by no means one of these albums. It is absolutely brilliant and one of my picks for best of 2008 [Jagjaguwar re-issue].

Tracklisting:
1. Flume
2. Lump Sum
3. Skinny Love
4. The Wolves (Act I And II)
5. Blindsided
6. Creature Fear
7. Team
8. For Emma
9. re: Stacks

Highlight Tracks: "Flume", "Skinny Love", "Creature Fear"

1 comment:

theophiluspunk said...

For some reason, I was awake when Letterman ended the other night--I'm NEVER awake that late--and caught Bon Iver. I was astounded and how primal and beautiful "Skinny Love" was; the whole band playing drums along with Vernon.

Powerful.