Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer's Gone [But Not Forgotten] Mixtape

It occurred to me recently that I may be one of the few people looking forward to autumn. I'm sure there are plenty of people that wish that summer could last forever. It is for these people that I made the "Summer's Gone [But Not Forgotten] Mixtape". It's a compilation of fun and dancy songs that are perfect for sing-a-longs and dance parties.

Tracklisting:
1. Click, Click, Click, Click - Bishop Allen [from the album "The Broken String"]
2. Girl in Grass - Dylan Mondegreen [from the album "While I Walk You Home"]
3. Now - Mates Of State [from the album Re-Arrange Us]
4. Walcott - Vampire Weekend [from the album "Vampire Weekend"]
5. Sorry - Youth Group [from the album "Casino Twilight Dogs"]
6. Glue Girls - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin [from the album "Pershing"]
7. Always Love - Nada Surf [from the album "The Weight Is A Gift"]
8. When U Love Somebody - Fruit Bats [from the album "Mouthfuls"]
9. Mr. Maker - The Kooks [from the album "Konk"]
10. Very Loud - Shout Out Louds [from the album "Howl Howl Gaff Gaff"]
11. Time To Pretend - MGMT [from the album "Oracular Spectacular"]
12. A.M. 180 - Grandaddy [from the album "Under The Western Freeway"]
13. Ladyflash - The Go! Team [from the album "Thunder, Lighting, Strike"]

Summer's Gone [But Not Forgotten]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm working on a mix right now that is pretty much equal parts tom waits, josh ritter, mewithoutyou, and the decemberists. with just a little bon iver and sun kill moon thrown in for good taste.

Jacob said...

My instincts tell me that DP stands for Devin Phelps but I want to know for sure. Identify yourself!