Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Josh Ritter - The Animal Years

I figured that I would round today's postings off with an oldie but a goodie.

Josh Ritter is simply amazing. And what's sad is that there are so few artists that are on the same level as Mr. Ritter. Not only that, but there are so few people who know of artists of this caliber. But I suppose that's just the nature of things.

Animal Years is the album that I discovered Josh Ritter on, and is one of my favorites. A little more stripped down and folky than Historical Conquests Of... but still amazing. If you ever get the chance to see him live, please do yourself a favor. It is an experience I will never forget

Uploaded per request of Mr. Devin Phelps.

Tracklisting:
1. Girl In The War
2. Wolves
3. Monster Ballads
4. Lillian, Egypt
5. Idaho
6. In The Dark
7. One More Mouth
8. Good Man
9. Best For The Best
10. Thin Blue Flame
11. Here At The Right Time

Highlight Tracks: "Girl In The War", "Lillian, Egypt", "Good Man"

No comments: