Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology

I haven't had a chance to listen to Cardinology in its entirety, but from what I've heard, I'm sure I'm going to be impressed. I know that the previous statement makes it sound as though I were worried that the album wouldn't be any good, and that's because I was. Not that Easy Tiger or Follow The Lights were bad, but I feel like they could have been better.

See, I'm a huge Ryan Adams fan, and I have been for a few years now, so every time he releases a new album, I feel an obligation to go out and pick it up. However, the last few albums, I feel, have been increasingly devoid of substance. Where Heartbreaker was an album that I felt was written specifically for me, I feel like Easy Tiger was written from an obsolete vernacular [wildcat], if what he was singing about was even experienced by him at all. The songs are catchy, but lacking the substance that makes an album like Heartbreaker or Gold so amazing.

Make up your mind for yourself.

Tracklisting:
1. Born Into A Light
2. Go Easy
3. Fix It
4. Magick
5. Cobwebs
6. Let Us Down Easy
7. Crossed Out Name
8. Natural Ghost
9. Sink Ships
10. Evergreen
11. Like Yesterday
12. Stop


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

killers - sam's town?