Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Joseph Arthur and The Lonely Astronauts - Temporary People

I can't say that I know a great deal about Joseph Arthur, nor his Lonely Astronauts, but I do know that I like what I hear. Reminiscent of Ryan Adams/Tom Petty/Bob Dylan type music, and it's refreshing. Refreshing because at present, we have a sudden influx of carbon copy bands whom are playing generic techno and dance music. It's always good to hear bands writing honest songs instead of trying to ride the popular wave. Eventually that wave crests and crashes, but the truly talented songwriters last beyond that. This band is far from temporary and certainly worth your time.

Tracklisting:
1. Temporary People
2. Faith
3. Say Goodbye
4. Dear Savior
5. Look Into The Sky
6. Sunrise Dolls
7. A Dream Is Longer Than The Night
8. Heart's A Soldier
9. Turn You On
10. Winter Blades
11. Drive
12. Good Friend

No comments: