Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ben Folds - Way To Normal

If you've never heard of Ben Folds then I apologize that I didn't do more in the way of introducing you to him. Imagine if Elton John [and whomever it was that wrote his lyrics] were more tongue-in-cheek and goofy. And you know, I'd half expect that to turn most people away, but despite his lack of seriousness and his interesting way of wording, he still crafts amazing piano-pop songs. The one drawback [for me] is that Folds has an uncanny ability to make a sailor blush, which you'll have to forgive. Regardless, enjoy this newest one.

1. Hiroshima (B B B Benny Hit His Head)
2. Dr. Yang
3. The Frown Song
4. You Don't Know Me (feat. Regina Spektor)
5. Before Cologne
6. Cologne
7. Errant Dog
8. Free Coffee
9. B*tch Went Nuts
10. Brainwashed
11. Effington
12. Kylie From Connecticut

1 comment:

kathryn said...

well, elton john did write (and composed) many of his own songs (with bernie taupin)...and paved the way for dudes like folds. elton is the freaking man. i wish he was my boyfriend...too bad he is a famous celebrity and therefore would never look at me twice. ;)