Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Those Dancing Days - In Our Hero Space Suits

Those Dancing Days is a band that we will be hearing a great deal about very soon, I feel. Their infectious blend of indie and soul [sometimes teetering on the line of lo-fi] makes for the soundtrack for our own "dancing days". Really, it's the vocals that make this band so great, and to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of polished vocals. I can't help but love the songs on this album though.

Now, I won't say that this is the best album I've ever heard or that it's even close competition. It's great, but it's a labor of love at times. The problem that I see with this record is that the songs don't grab you immediately. Each song is great, but you have to listen to about 20 seconds of mediocre at the beginning of each song. Once all of the instrumentation breaks in, though, you have some really great pop songs.

I anticipate that within the next year or so, we will see Those Dancing Days with major label backing, having hit their stride and releasing a widely accepted major label debut. Keep your eyes peeled.

Tracklisting:
1. Knights In Mountain Fox Jackets
2. Falling In Fail
3. I Know Where You Live
4. Run Run
5. Hitten
6. Actionman
7. Shuffle
8. Home Sweet Home
9. Duet Under Water
10. Kids
11. Those Dancing Days
12. Space Hero Suits

Highlight Tracks: "I Know Where You Live", "Hitten", "Home Sweet Home"

No comments: