Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eisley - Combinations

I first heard of Eisley probably 5 years ago when they were releasing their first EPs. Immediately I was impressed, but at the same time disappointed because I felt like the band had so much potential that wasn't being realized because they were too busy writing poppy songs about unicorns and such. I felt like the songs were good, but at the same time not real. They were in no way personal, which sometimes works, but more often than not, it doesn't. Even their full length was a disappointment to me, because it was still in that same vein. It was, for lack of a better word, cute. It was whipped cream. No substance.

Then, 2007 saw the release of Combinations, Eisley's second attempt at a full length, and the realization of their potential. It's possible that it was from spending so much time touring with Brand New [who finally hit their stride with The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me] or maybe it was a series of events that changed the outlook of Eisley's members. Whatever the cause, the outcome is a wonderful and mature record. Combinations is exactly what it needed to be and is very much worth your time.

Tracklisting:
1. Many Funerals
2. Invasion
3. Taking Control
4. Go Away
5. If I Could Be There For You
6. Come Clean
7. Ten Cent Blues
8. A Sight To Behold
9. Combinations
10. If You're Wondering

1 comment:

kathryn said...

you cannot even hate on "trolleywood". happiest song of all time.