Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anathallo - Canopy Glow

I hadn't planned on posting anything else, but as per usual, I happened upon something I didn't expect to find. See, I had only heard rumors of a new Anathallo album. I didn't know that it was an upcoming release. Not only that, but I had no idea that they had signed with a label, shedding their DIY mentality. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm very excited.

For the record: I fully expect that Kathryn will squeal with joy and that Devin will roll his eyes.

Tracklisting:
1. Noni's Field
2. Italo
3. Northern Lights
4. The River
5. Cafetorium
6. Sleeping Torpor
7. Lost Ring Finger
8. John J. Audubon
9. Bells
10. Tower Of Babel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a shame. someone just tossed out that dummy wearing a perfectly good velure sweatsuit. seems like such a waste.

Rachel said...

I want this!!!

kathryn said...

you're such a temptress. i try to remain a good fan and contribute monetarily to a band that i think really deserves it....but i will have to download this. however, i promise to then buy it on vinyl just so i can still show them some love.

thank you, jakob (pronounce ya-cub. for fun).

Jacob said...

kathryn, you are a gem.

Anonymous said...

i tried to go into this open-minded. i really did. but at no point did this album every really come alive for me. to me, "sparrows" will always be there best album. so unique, i felt they had found their sound. but every album since then has been a further deviation from it. this album, while good, never really captured that unique sound that i felt made anathallo. instead, it sounded like a hundred other bands.

also, remember the days when they actually cited bible verses in their music? that was cool. not so much anymore.

i'll just keep on believing that they released "sparrows", "holiday", and "hymns" and then they broke up.