Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts Of The Great Highway

A few years ago, I was meandering around the Ashland Mall, perusing the shelves of cds when I happened upon Ghosts Of The Great Highway by Sun Kil Moon, a band that I had never heard of. After a quick trip to the listening station and a subsequent trip to the register, I headed to my car with my new found treasure. Since that day, Ghosts has been my default autumn album and continues to make its way back into my rotation, usually after I forget about it for a few months and then have the pleasure of rediscovering it. That's not to say, however, that it is in any way forgettable.

Sun Kil Moon is the brainchild of Mark Kozelek [former Red House Painter] and has the timeless quality of Paul Simon and John Lennon [though nowhere near the same amount of acclaim].

It is November and the leaves are changing; your breath is a cloud in the air. If you're looking for the perfect soundtrack for this time of year, look no further. It is a beautiful and incredible album.

Tracklisting:
1. Glenn Tipton
2. Carry Me Ohio
3. Salvador Sanchez
4. Last Tide
5. Floating
6. Gentle Moon
7. Lily and Parrots
8. Duk Koo Kim
9. Si, Paloma
10. Pancho Villa

Highlight Tracks: "Carry Me Ohio" [one of my all-time favorite songs]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always liked carry me ohio, but i don't think i've heard the rest of the album. i'll give it a shot.