Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Noah and The Whale - Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down

There is no other word that can accurately describe Noah and The Whale better than "cute". Surprisingly enough, however, Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down has a great deal of substance to it as well, in addition to being painfully creative. It may take a little to get into this album, but then again it may grab you from the first listen. Personally, I've had it for a couple of months and have tried to listen to it a couple of times, but it wasn't until today that it grabbed me just right. The songs are folky and catchy and fun. I can see this band going places very quickly.

Tracklisting:
1. 2 Atoms In A Molecule
2. Jocasta
3. Shape Of My Heart
4. Do What You Do
5. Give A Little Love
6. Second Lover
7. 5 Years Time
8. Rocks & Daggers
9. Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down
10. Mary
11. Hold My Hand As I'm Lowered

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I like the music but I just can't get into the vocals