To say that La Dispute sounds like mewithoutYou would be an understatement. However, to say that they are a carbon copy would be not only untrue, but unfair. In the same way that mewithoutYou's sound is similar but not the same as Rage Against The Machine's, La Dispute's sound is like mewithoutYou's. Shouted and sometimes whispered vocals over progressive and hard-hitting music, La Dispute's music is reminiscent of
A to B: Life but with much more of an edge.
Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair finds these Michigan natives blending progressive, hardcore, indie, slam poetry, and tough-guy hardcore gang vocals in a dizzying display of creativity and musicianship.
I have yet to find a track on the record that I don't like.
Tracklisting:
1. Such Small Hands
2. Said The King To The River
3. New Storms For Older Lovers
4. Damaged Goods
5. Fall Down, Never Get Back Up Again
6. Bury Your Flame
7. Last Blues For Bloody Knuckles
8. The Castle Builders
9. Andria
10. Then Again, Maybe You Were Right
11. Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies
12. The Last Lost Continent
13. Nobody, Not Even The Rain
Myspace
1 comment:
I just like mewithoutYou enough that I can't get into La Dispute
Post a Comment