Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Slow Runner - Mermaids

The other day, I was sitting at work enjoying my lunch break when, from the speaker above me I heard a wonderful sound. I ran into the back room to see who it was before the track changed. I had heard of Slow Runner before, but had never listened to them and had certainly not expected to find anything as wonderful as "The Stakes Were Raised" which is now on regular rotation at Starbucks stores across the country. Suffice it to say, I had a task before me: step 1 - find Slow Runner music online [check], step 2 - download said music [check], step 3 - share said music with my adoring public [check].

I don't know much of their music, but the more I listen, the more I love it.

Tracklisting:
1. Mermaids
2. Horse Armor
3. The Stakes Were Raised
4. Trying To Put Your Heart Back Together
5. Love and Doubt
6. She Wants To Wrap Her Legs Around The World
7. Make You Love Me
8. I'm Gonna Hate You When You Go
9. Snow Tires