Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors

I couldn't tell you much about this band other than that they got their start a few years ago playing watered-down prog-rock and (as a guess) not doing so well in record sales. But then, 2008 saw the release of their third album Censored Colors. The album, while retaining a good amount of their prog-rock roots, is based quite a bit in folk, like some progressive version of Fleet Foxes. Strange as it may sound, Censored Colors is not only the band's best effort, but an incredibly solid album.

Tracklisting:
1. Lay Me Back Down
2. Colors
3. And I
4. Salt
5. Created
6. Out and In and In and Out
7. Intermission
8. New Orleans
9. Never Pleased
10. Sit Back and Dream
11. Hard Times
12. Our Times
13. All Mine
14. 1989
15. Our Way

No comments: