Bombay Bicycle Club is just okay in my mind. Nothing special. That is, until I heard their newest release,
Flaws. Similar to bands like Mumford & Sons, BBC decided to try something new on their sophomore effort. What you have is 11 tracks of totally brilliant folk songs, quiet and moving. This, of course, comes as somewhat of a shock after listening to their debut album,
I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose, as it was a very straightforward indie/shoegaze album. Maybe the biggest change, for me, is the maturity of the writing. Songs like "Rinse Me Down" has a vibe and a life all of its own. It moves and swells.
This album has been a great traveling companion over the last few weeks. It is perfect for driving through what some call the "magic hour". Give it a try sometime.
Tracklisting:
1. Rinse Me Down
2. Many Ways
3. Dust On The Ground
4. Ivy & Gold
5. Leaving Blues
6. Fairytale Lullaby
7. Word By Word
8. Jewel
9. My God
10. Flaws
11. Swansea
No comments:
Post a Comment