Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young

I've never been a huge Strokes fan, that's not to say that I don't enjoy their music, I just have never been crazy over them (I've heard stories of their fans whoring themselves out for tickets. Literally). It was Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. that opened me up to the possibility that these guys are a little more diverse than their collective band showcases. Hammond's music is great and drummer Fabrizio Moretti's side project, Little Joy, is one of my current favorite bands. So when I heard that singer Julian Casablancas was to release a solo album, my interest was peaked. If you want to see growth, listen to any Strokes album and then listen to Phrazes For The Young. It is one pop gem after another. Just give the song "Left & Right In The Dark" one listen and you'll be hooked. Probably one of the best things about the album is that it is just long enough and not so long that it becomes boring.

Tracklisting:
1. Out Of The Blue
2. Left & Right In The Dark
3. 11th Dimension
4. Chords of the Apocalypse
5. Ludlow St.
6. River of Brakelights
7. Glass
8. Tourist

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Thanks for this album, I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it.

andrea. said...

i was thinking about downloading this a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure if i'd like it.
but if jacob says it's worth a listen, i'll give it a try :]