Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

Oh how I have looked forward to this. Honestly, I'd say that the only album that I have looked forward to more than this is Josh Ritter's new album So Runs The World Away, but not by much. Dr. Dog became one of my favorite bands last year with their album Fate which is dripping with Beatles-esque pop sensibility all the while paying tribute to their fuzzy psychedelic rock roots. Shame, Shame is much the same. The songs are slightly less accessible, but after a couple of listens, I can tell that Shame is the golden ticket that this talented young band has been waiting for. I wouldn't be surprised if they became something huge in the next year or so.

Tracklisting:
1. Stranger
2. Shadow People
3. Station
4. Unbearable Why
5. Where'd All The Time Go?
6. Later
7. I Only Wear Blue
8. Someday
9. Mirror, Mirror
10. Jackie Wants A Black Eye
11. Shame, Shame



I am anticipating that this link will be deleted very quickly as this album isn't released yet. If and when it gets deleted, let me know and I'll find an alternative one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another thanks, loved the last Dr. Dog album and have been eagerly awaiting this for awhile.