Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Old Canes - Early Morning Hymns

Old Canes is the side-project of The Appleseed Cast's Christopher Crisci. For the record, I have never been a big Appleseed Cast fan, but Old Canes is the type of band that it doesn't take much for me to fall in love with. The songs are stripped down, usually just consisting of a guitar, a harmonica, and Crisci's vocals, landing somewhere between folk and alt-country. In recent history, the band signed to Saddle Creek Records (Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, Cursive, The Good Life) and released Feral Harmonic. Personally, I have yet to get into their newest album as of yet. I find myself drawn more to Early Morning Hymns because of how stripped down and honest sounding it is. Feral, from the little I've heard of it, sounds a little too over-produced for my taste.

Tracklisting:
1. Intro
2. Blue Eleanor
3. Taxi On Vermont
4. Both Falling Bright
5. Life Is Grand
6. Early Morning Hymns
7. The Song Was Right
8. Then Go On
9. Face It
10. One Day
11. Untitled
12. 7th Fret Closer

No comments: