Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Snake The Cross The Crown - 'Mander Salis

Whenever I think about the band The Snake The Cross The Crown, the first word that comes to mind to describe them would be: underrated. I have been listening to this band since 'Mander Salis came out back in 2004, have seen them live, and have been consistently blown away by their ability to write songs that are bigger than the majority of what I'm hearing from their contemporaries. I don't even think that I could come up with other artists that they remind me of; their sound is theirs alone.

In 2007, the band recorded and released their sophomore LP, Cotton Teeth, which garnered a good deal of critical acclaim, however my favorite has always been and will always be 'Mander Salis. Imagine a folkier Radiohead that studied under Fleetwood Mac for a short while. This description, however, does little justice to the band.

Tracklisting:
1. An Honest Misappropriation of Funds
2. Empires
3. Gates of Dis
4. A Gathering of Shades
5. On The Threshold of Eternity
6. The Sun Tells The Moon
7. A Brief Intermission
8. The Laughing Man
9. Echolalia
10. The Fields of Ius

Highlight Tracks: "An Honest Misappropriation of Funds", "A Brief Intermission", "Echoalia"

No comments: