THere isn't a whole lot that I can say about She & Him other than I'd like to hear a whole lot more of "him" than I would "she". The band consists of the incredibly prolific songwriter M. Ward and actress Zooey Deschanel. While the album is good, I feel like it was more of a Zooey Deschanel-fest rather than what the name of the band would suggest. There are moments, too, when the band sounds like a cheap ripoff of Rilo Kiley [ex. "This Is Not A Test" - and is that a kazoo?] Not a bad album though, despite these obvious flaws.
Tracklisting:
1. Sentimental Heart
2. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?
3. This Is Not A Test
4. Change Is Hard
5. I Thought I Saw Your Face Today
6. Take It Back
7. I Was Made For You
8. You Really Got A Hold On Me
9. Black Hole
10. Got Me
11. I Should Have Known Better
12. Sweet Darlin'
13. Untitled
3 comments:
i, too, loooong for more matt ward on this album.
Thank you very much Jacob! I appreciate the post.
Me too, Kathryn!
Post a Comment