Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Fire Theft - The Fire Theft

For those of us that are over the age of 22, it's more than likely that Sunny Day Real Estate has a special place in our hearts. I remember first hearing "Seven" [from the album Diary] when I was probably 16 and though Nate Mendel and William Goldsmith will undoubtedly be better known for their work with Foo Fighters, there is no way that it will ever be able to touch SDRE.

During the duration of the 90's and the beginning of the 21st century, Sunny Day Real Estate would break up and then get back together seemingly more often than half of the couples I went to high school with, and then in 2001, SDRE got back together [sans guitarist Dan Hoerner] under the moniker The Fire Theft. Their self-titled album is the only album in their discography, though there is another rumored in the forseeable future; however, with the recent reunion of SDRE, a second Fire Theft album may be just another unfulfilled fan-dream.

As with anything that Jeremy Enigk does, The Fire Theft is an album full of lush vocals and sweeping instrumentation. If you are a fan at all of Sunny Day Real Estate or Jeremy Enigk's solo work, do yourself a favor and give this album a listen.

Tracklisting:
1. Uncle Mountain
2. Waste Time Segue
3. Oceans Apart
4. Chain
5. Backward Blues
6. Summertime
7. Houses
8. Waste Time
9. Heaven
10. Rubber Bands
11. It's Over
12. Carry You
13. Sinatra

No comments: