Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, May 11, 2009

mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright

If I am being completely honest, I hated mewithoutYou's newest release It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright when I first heard it. I thought it to be slow and poorly written and I thought this a great letdown, as mewithoutYou has consistently blown me away with each new release. Then yesterday, I decided to give their newest a second chance. I knew there had to be something there - and there is. Upon second (and subsequent third) listen, I realized the genius behind the songs. The reason I disliked it initially was because it is such a departure from their previous material, making an even bigger leap in sound than what was seen between Catch For Us The Foxes and Brother, Sister. However, once I was able to dig into the songs and pull them apart, I found that they were in actuality brilliant. Not only so, but musically, the songs show a maturity and talent that was perhaps not fully realized on earlier releases. When I was able to get past the block in my mind of what they should sound like, I was able to fall in love with what they do sound like.

Give this album a chance (or two) and see if you don't feel the same way.

Tracklisting:
1. Every Thought a Thought of You
2. The Fox, The Crow, and The Cookie
3. The Angel of Death Came To David's Room
4. Goodbye, I
5. A Stick, A Carrot, and A String
6. Bullet To Binary (pt. Two)
7. Timothy Hay
8. Fig With a Bellyache
9. Cattail Down
10. The Beetle King on a Coconut Estate
11. Allah, Allah, Allah

Highlight Tracks: "The Fox, The Crow, and The Cookie", "Timothy Hay", "Cattail Down", "The Beetle King on a Coconut Estate"

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I always love their artwork

kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathryn said...

best tracks are def "every thought" and "allah allah allah". fo sho.

Brandon Kidd said...

hey jacob, I think the link is broken I have tried several times on several days and yes I noticed you havent been posting