Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

RQTN - Monolithes En Mouvement

Sorry for the lack of updates, though I'm not entirely convinced that anyone has noticed my absence. I have been without strong internet signal, which makes it difficult to upload albums. That is also why I am reposting this Rapidshare link rather than uploading the album to Mediafire and then posting it. But, I digress...

Until tonight, I had never heard of RQTN and I still couldn't tell you anything about the band other than the fact that they are brilliant. This debut LP, entitled Monolithes En Mouvement is a cool album full of simple orchestral strings over a base piano which is reminiscent of the soundtrack to the film The Fountain. It also has the same somber yet strangely beautiful sound as Sigur Ros' album ( ). Try it on for size and keep a look out, I'll be posting more stuff soon.

MYSPACE

Tracklisting:
1. Debout, Décharges Passives
2. Comme Suspendu A Regarder Passer, Sans Jamais Toucher
3. Le Point Culminant, Le Réveil, Les Mains Brumeuses
4. Effleurer Du Doigt, Déplacer Les Masses
5. Remuer Les Pieds Dans L'Eau, Les Yeux Clairs
6. Aurore, Lettres Manuscrites (G. Hoepffner)
7. Départs Et Décalages
8. Marcher A L'Envers Et Detourner Le Regard. Sur Le Rebord
9. Photographies, Emulsion. Intérprétations


1 comment:

bryan said...

this stuff is incredible. do try to find more!!!