Sky Blue Sky was certainly not my favorite in Wilco's catalogue, but I did like it. Maybe it's because of how much I love
A Ghost Is Born that
Sky Blue Sky didn't resonate with me as much, as
Ghost is more of a studio album and
Sky is more concerned with the live aspect of the band. Regardless, Wilco's newest release (out June 30th), entitled
Wilco (The Album) returns to the sound that can be found on
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and my own personal favorite:
A Ghost Is Born.
Start to finish,
Wilco (The Album) is wonderful and more than worth your time. [Oh yeah, and track #5 features a duet with Feist]
Tracklisting:
1. Wilco (The Song)
2. Deeper Down
3. One Wing
4. Bull Black Nova
5. You and I
6. You Never Know
7. Country Disappeared
8. Solitaire
9. I'll Fight
10. Sunny Feeling
11. Everlasting Everything.
1 comment:
As someone who has loved Everything (seriously, everything) of Wilco's since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot ( I prefer Sky Blue Sky to Ghost is Born, but this is like saying I prefer Pizza to Chinese food), I am incredibly excited to listen to this as (possiby) on of the staples of Summer '09.
Post a Comment