Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mock Orange - Disguised as Ghosts

Well, it's been a while since I last posted, and with the leak of the new Mock Orange album, I'd say that there's no better time than the present. I remember being introduced to Mock Orange while I was still a student at KCU. They were different than what I was listening to at the time, and didn't quite catch my attention like they have over the last few years. Their last album, Captain Love, was great. It was bigger and catchier. Now they have taken a step back and are finding a nice middle ground between Captain Love and their most popular album, Mind Is Not Brain. And what a great place to be. I'm only 3 songs into my first listen and I'm already hooked. (And somehow, I have never noticed just how much frontman Ryan Grisham sounds like Jeremy Enigk, until just now.)

Tracklisting:
1. Grow You Soul Away
2. Silent Motion
3. My Car
4. Sidewalk
5. I Can Sing
6. Feel It Now
7. End Of The World
8. Going Away
9. Roll Your Eyes
10. Stop and Go

No comments: