Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joan Baez - Blessed Are...

So maybe I'm becoming a hippy. I still shower, I assure you, but lately, my tastes have shifted significantly. More than anything, I find myself listening to later Beatles, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez and others. 1960s folk-darling Joan Baez is the focus of this particular post. I honestly don't know how she has evaded my attention for so long, but I'm paying attention now and thank goodness for that. This album is amazing through and through. Also, her cover of The Beatles' "Let It Be" is moving and one of the best covers I have ever heard. Period.

Tracklisting:

Disc 1:
1. Blessed Are
2. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
3. The Salt of the Earth
4 Three Horses
5. The Brand New Tennessee Waltz
6. Last, Lonely and Wretched
7. Lincoln Freed Me Today (The Slave)
8. Outside The Nashville City Limits
9. San Francisco Mabel Joy
10. When Time Is Stolen
11. Heaven Help Us All

Disc 2:
1. Angeline
2. Help Me Make It Through The Night
3. Let It Be
4. Put Your Hand In The Hand
5. Gabriel and Me
6. Marie Flore
7. The Hitchhikers' Song
8. The 33rd of August
9. Fifteen Months
10. Plane Wreck at Los Gatos (Deportee)
11. Maria Dolores

No comments: