Before Magnolia Electric Co. was a band, they were known as Songs: Ohia, and the album
The Magnolia Electric Co. marks the transition from one to the other, as it was Songs: Ohia's final album as Songs: Ohia. Confused? I'm not exactly sure as to why the change in name, and I've not listened to anything earlier than this album, so I can only speculate that it marked a transition in sound. Regardless of the semantics,
The Magnolia Electric Co. is an amazing album that is reminiscent of bands like Wilco and (older) Spoon. It's the sort of album that would sound warm and inviting on vinyl; one that should be playing in the background of every party and/or get-together that you have.
Tracklisting:
1. Farewell Transmission
2. I've Been Riding With The Ghost
3. Just Be Simple
4. Almost Was Good Enough
5. The Old Black Hen
6. Peoria Lunch Box Blues
7. John Henry Split My Heart
8. Hold On Magnolia
No comments:
Post a Comment