Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Little Joy - Little Joy

It's been a while, I've come to realize. With my intense schedule of a full-time job, full-time school, and full-time girlfriend, I'm left with little time for things such as this. However, [thanks to the commute] I'm left with plenty of time to listen to good music.

Little Joy is an album that I downloaded some time ago, but had yet to listen to; until recently, that is. Thankfully, I found myself in the mood for something new and foreign lately, as it led me to Little Joy. Add equal parts Brazilian-rock and Strokes sounds [the band features Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti] and a dash of doo-wop and 50's sounds, as well as modern lo-fi for flavor and you have Little Joy. I can't say enough good about this amazing album.

MYSPACE

Tracklisting:
1. The Next Time Around
2. Brand New Start
3. Play The Part
4. No One's Better Sake
5. Unattainable
6. Shoulder To Shoulder
7. With Strangers
8. Keep Me In Mind
9. How To Hang A Warhol
10. Don't Watch Me Dancing
11. Evaporar

1 comment:

kathryn said...

i like the name of this band. but i bet i'd not be a fan of their music.