Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz

Well it finally happened: Sufjan Stevens has a new full-length album that isn't an instrumental soundtrack for a film that he made or a reinterpretation of an old (and subpar, in my opinion) album. It is, however, a departure from his previous works, which I am indifferent to. On the one hand, I, like so many others I'm sure, want to hear something similar in size and stature to Welcome To Michigan, or Come On, Feel The Illinoise!. On the other, I am pleased to see him doing what he wants to rather than doing what everyone else wants him to do. So then, upon the fence I remain. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure I will over the next few days. What I have heard is like an electronica Illinoise-era Stevens. I'm not huge on electronica, but at least it's interesting, rather than repetitive techno beats with auto-tuned vocals over them. Enjoy it a little early. On me.

Tracklisting:
1. Futile Devices
2. Too Much
3. Age Of Adz
4. I Walked
5. Now That I'm Older
6. Get Real Get Right
7. Bad Communication
8. Vesuvius
9. All For Myself
10. I Want To Be Well
11. Impossible Soul

2 comments:

bryan s said...

I liked the EP better. I don't know what Sufjan's obsession is with really long and minimalistic songs but it's getting annoying

kathryn said...

LUUVIT.