Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cat Stevens - Harold and Maude OST

Up until last year, I had never even heard of the film Harold and Maude. To say that it has become one of my favorites since then, however, is a vast understatement. It is sarcastic and dark and funny in a way that inspired Wes Anderson to do the type of films that he does. One thing about the film that stands out so well is the soundtrack, which is done entirely by Cat Stevens. I can't imagine the opening scene of the movie with any song other than "Don't Be Shy", or the scene at the end where Harold is walking away playing "If You Want To Sing Out" on banjo. Stevens has created the perfect movie soundtrack. Period.

Tracklisting:
1. Don't Be Shy
2. On The Road To Find Out
3. I Wish I Wish
4. Miles From Nowhere
5. Tea For The Tillerman
6. I Think I See The Light
7. Where Do The Children Play
8. If You Want To Sing Out
9. If You Want To Sing Out (Banjo)
10. Trouble
11. Don't Be Shy (Alternate)
12. If You Want To Sing Out (Instrumental)
13. Don't Be Shy (Demo)
14. If You Want To Sing Out (Alternate)

Highlight Tracks: "Don't Be Shy", "If You Want To Sing Out", "Trouble"

No comments: