Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and feelings about records and bands, new and old.  I am more than willing to satisfy requests [provided I can find the albums being requested].  Just leave a comment or send me an email with the album or albums you would like posted.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Regina Spektor - Far

Unfortunately, I have only had chance enough to hear only the first couple of songs on Regina Spektor's newest offering, Far. As per usual with the new album after an immensely successful record, one has to wonder if it will hold up to the expectations set by the previous. Sometimes, the expectations are exceeded; other times disappointment is all that is felt.

In the case of Regina Spektor's Begin To Hope, you have an album that reached not only critical acclaim, but also vast amounts of commercial as well. The album has a life of its own and is incredibly cohesive. Initial reactions to the few tracks I have heard of the new album makes me skeptical that Far will be able to stand up to the quality of Begin To Hope. It's hard to say, and to be honest, it may take a few listens, but I am hopeful that this incredible songwriter has kept herself from falling by the wayside.

Tracklisting:
1. The Calculation
2. Eet
3. Blue Lips
4. Folding Chair
5. Machine
6. Laughing With
7. Human of the Year
8. Two Birds
9. Dance Anthem
10. Genius Next Door
11. Wallet
12. One More Time With Feeling
13. Man of a Thousand Faces

2 comments:

Ted said...

Have you listened yet to the playlist of Highway 101 songs that I provided a while ago? That is some amazing stuff. Don't miss it!

Amy G said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kathryn and I listened to this almost non-stop for WEEKS! Once again, she has shown herself to be nothing short of spectacular and such a creative vocalist.