The first time I had ever heard of In Endeavors was nearly 2 1/2 years ago, when I saw them open for The Devil Wears Prada and Gwen Stacy in Lexington. Back then they were still called In Endeavors Italya, and were certainly the "standout band" on that bill, being the only non-hardcore band. Musically, I remember thinking that they were reminiscent of bands like Bloc Party and all of those other indie/rock bands. Since then, however, In Endeavors has dropped the "Italya", added a second guitarist, and changed their sound to be all but an exact replica of The Strokes. With their uncanny ability to craft upbeat and fun songs, though, the band would be doing themselves a disservice if they tried any other sound but the New York bar-rock sound.
You'll likely not find this album anywhere else other than at a stop on the band's tour, or one of the local record shops in Lexington.
MYSPACE
Tracklisting:
1. The Move
2. Day One
3. Private Eye
4. You've Got Your Friends, I've Got Mine
5. I Can't Run

1 comment:
Ehhh just not a fan of them :/
Post a Comment